Senior Quantitative Research Associate
Contact: Carole Guzman
Posted: Mar 23, 2017
Social Policy Research Associates (SPR) is a growing and dynamic research, evaluation, and technical assistance services firm engaged in policy analysis of workforce development, employment training, education, philanthropy, youth development, health, and other human service programs. We are currently seeking senior quantitative research associates with potential to manage medium and large-scale workforce development and human services evaluations and use complex statistical techniques to evaluate social programs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, SPR is an organization that values a staff with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered:
• Completion of a Ph.D. degree in the social sciences and strong research skills are required. To complement our existing cadre of senior professionals, those with advanced training in economics, especially applied labor economics and econometrics, are especially encouraged to apply.
• Expertise in research methods and strong quantitative skills are required. We are particularly looking for candidates with experience in statistical modeling, quasi-experimental impact estimation techniques (including propensity score matching), survey sampling, sample weighting, variance estimation for complex sample data, instrumental variables, and HLM. Experience with SAS or other statistical software packages, survey design and development, qualitative research, or other technical research skills, as well as experience conducting analyses of social programs and engaging in proposal writing are also desirable.
• Excellent writing, oral communications, and organizational skills are essential. Experience working with racially or socio-economically diverse populations is a plus.
Depending on skills, duties will include a combination of the following:
• Design and conduct quantitative research based on administrative data on program participants, survey data, or public-use data.
• Conduct statistical analyses using SAS, Stata or other statistical software packages.
• Develop and analyze surveys of program administrators and/or participants.
• Analyze data from multiple data sources and prepare evaluation reports for government and non-profit clients.
• Participate in, or lead, proposal writing and business development.
Job Information: Download