Low-Income Housing Asset Manager
Start Date: Mar 1, 2017
Category: Community Development
Contact: William Ktsanes
Posted: Jan 31, 2017
Citi Community Capital – Low-Income Housing Asset Manager
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Community Capital (CCC) is an important part of Citi’s Investment Bank, responsible for meeting Citi's community development lending and investing goals under the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). Our core competencies are investment banking, lending, trading, and securitization. Our core products are construction loans, permanent loans, and Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). CCC lends and invests in excess of $3 billion per year throughout the United States, with a primary focus on financing affordable multifamily rental housing developments. CCC is part of the Municipal Securities Division in the Institutional Clients Group of Citi.
CCC is looking to add an experienced professional to join its Asset Management team.
• Review, analyze, and report on stabilized property operations and sponsor performance and credit
• Review, analyze, and report on the progress of properties in lease-up
• Propose actions to maintain loan performance and maximize recovery on assets
• Prepare and present credit recommendations related to loan extensions, conversions, and modifications
• Interact with sponsors, servicers, investors, legal counsel, and other transaction parties
• Contribute to the timely completion of asset reviews, asset classifications, and related reporting
• Individual must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work under tight deadlines, manage priorities, and complete assigned tasks with minimal management follow up
• Candidate is required to have a BA/BS; MBA preferred.
• Candidate is required to have a minimum of 3 years of multifamily asset management, transaction management, or underwriting with responsibilities consistent with those outlined above.
• Strong PC (Word and Excel) and quantitative skills are required
Desired non-core qualifications:
• Financial statement analysis and portfolio management
• Debt or equity experience with LIHTC properties and properties financed by tax-exempt bonds
• Income property equity or loan workout, foreclosure, and bankruptcy experience
• Income property construction loan administration experience
• Multifamily property condition assessment experience
• Experience assessing the capabilities of non-profit sponsors
• Multifamily property valuation experience
• Experience marketing and leasing multifamily properties
• Experience marketing and selling commercial real estate REO and/or notes
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Please mail resume and cover letter to William Ktsanes at email@example.com